Here are some of my favorite brewing resources on the Internet, in case they're of value to you:
NOTE: Unless explicitly indicated below, I do not receive compensation for your use of any of the links below or your purchase of anything from any linked vendors. These are just my recommendations and references I find useful. These items may or may not suit your needs or brewing approach, so I recommend doing your own research and forming your own opinions before spending money on them or using them.
Homebrew shops I recommend:
I've had good experiences at all the above.
Products I am particularly fond of:
- iMake's The Grainfather - I've found this to be a reliable system capable of producing award-winning beers in the right hands.
- SS Brew Tech - I'm fond of their conical fermenters and own a few
- Anvil 4-gallon Fermenters - I have three of these and am very happy with them
- Exchilerator Maxx Wort Chiller - a great counterflow wort chiller that's easy to setup, easy to use, and works extremely well
- Tilt Hydrometer and Tilt Pi - revolutionized fermentation monitoring for me, provides near-real-time information on wort gravity and temperature, with logging to Brewfather and Google Sheets
- Brewfather App - Something like a more modern, multi-platform, web-based version of BeerSmith or Beer Tools Pro. It can handle your brewing supply inventory, equipment profiles, recipes, provide fermentation tracking, and more.
- BrewJacket Immersion Pro Fermentation Temperature Control - when I need precise control over fermentation temperature, I use one of these
- Williams Brewing Rack and Pinion Capper - no longer available anywhere I can find, this bench mounted capper is hands-down my favorite capper. It can cap a 12-ounce bottle, then a 22-ounce bottle, then a 16-ounce bottle without having to do any more than spin a wheel. It's made of metal throughout so there's less likelihood of failure. I've even been able to cap twist-off bottles with it.
Here are some links I find useful from time to time:
- Comparison Lists and Substitution Charts:
- Kveik Yeast Registry - Lists the known strains of Kveik, where they originated, and brewing characteristics for each
- Grain and Adjuncts Chart - Provides information about various fermentables, including the flavors they tend to impart in beers.
- Yeast Comparison Charts - Information about yeast substitution.
- Another Yeast Substitution Resource
- White Labs to Wyeast Conversion Chart
- Comparing and Selecting Hops - BYO Magazine
- Yeast Master List - by David M. Taylor
- General References:
- Open Source Brewing Control Software
- CraftBeerPi - Run a brewery with a Raspberry Pi, open source software, and inexpensive common electronic components
- StrangeBrew Elsinore - Run a brewery with a Raspberry Pi, open source software, and inexpensive common electronic components
- HoseHead - A pre-packaged control system for CraftBeerPi and StrangeBrew Elsinore
- A Guide to Saisons and Saison Yeasts - Maltose Falcons homebrew club
- White Labs "Yeastman" - a tool for looking up a batch of White Labs yeast and learning information about how that specific batch was made
I'll add more as I discover useful things.
Post a Comment
Note that comments to this blog are moderated in order to minimize spam comments and things that might be offensive to readers.